Thursday, September 20, 2012

CASology - Seeing "White"


 It's time once again for a new challenge from CASology. This week our cue word is "White".



I love a white on white card, so this week, I've made two cards for the challenge.  Let's take a look....


This first card was super simple.  I cut two of the snowflake Memory Box borders and adhered one to the top of the card base and the other to the bottom of the card.  Then I highlighted the die cuts with lots of sparkling glitter (sorry the sparkle doesn't show up so well here!).  Then I stamped the PTI sentiment right in the middle...and it was done! Super quick card!


My second card was a fairly quick card too.  I cut the poinsettia from white card stock using  Spellbinder dies, then layered them together and adding a few pearls for the center.  The sentiment is from PTI and was stamped in Versamark and heat embossed with gold embossing powder.  The panel was embossed with a Sizzix folder and cut slightly smaller than the card base.  The panel was adhered to the card base with pop dots.  I hope the green leaves don't disqualify this card...but the leaves just needed to be included...you know what I mean?

That's all for today.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  Your comments are always welcomed and appreciated!  Until next time...

Hugs!

Photobucket


Pin It!

13 comments:

Sue said...

Both really beautiful, Susan. I like the splash of colour on the second. Sue x

G Peplow said...

White on white ids beautiful and so are your cards, love all the sparkle on your first, it has a lovely sentiment too:0) Gay x

Aileen said...

Both are lovely. I love the die cut and glitter on the first and the gorgeous white poinsetta on the second. x

Rosemary said...

both cards are absolutely fantastic, susan and so perfect for the challenge!! so glad to have you playing along with CASology this week!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOWeeeeeeeeeeee fabulous cards

Darnell said...

TWO cards, Susan? Really? What non-card bizness are you getting up to that limited you to just two cards today? Hmmm?

Your cards are stunning and sparkly brilliant!

Sandra H said...

Hi Susan both cards are totally stunning x

Kim S said...

I love both of these! I don't own the snowflake border die, but it's going to go on my wishlist because you've done wonders with it and some glitter! I do own the poinsettia so will be CASing. (And you are right, it needs the leaves!!)

Karen M said...

Both of your cards are beautiful - I love the white theme x x

Bonnie said...

Wow! Susan, these are both so elegant! I love the frosty look of the first one and that poinsettia has me wanting to go shopping! The green leaves really need to be there and I think the gals at CASology will agree! It was so nice to have you come for a visit today.

Ardyth said...

Two gorgeous white cards! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology's White Cue Card!

Deborah Frings said...

I think both your white on white cards are just fantastic. I love the first one with the beautiful sparkly borders.

Jen W. said...

Love all the sparkle on the first card and the white poinsettia on the second is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails