Sunday, March 24, 2013

LIM 112 - Beads, beads and more beads!

I have several more cards for the Less is More challenge this week.  I usually post all of my LIM cards in one post, but yesterday I managed to use two challenges to make one card and I didn't get it posted until today and I almost missed the deadline....hence the second post.

I have lots and lots of beads, but I rarely use them on a card.  Even having a lot of beads doesn't necessarily mean that I know what to do with them!  Anyway....here's what I came up with for this week's "bead" challenge.


I think this is my favorite card this week.  I love this big HA flower.  I stamped it on patterned paper (I took the online class last week).  I stamped it twice and then cut out part of the inner petals and raised them with pop dots.  I added a little darker shades of yellow in the center of the flower with Copics and then added some black beads for the center of the flower.  The highlights blended much better than they look like they do in this photo.  Sentiment is from PTI.


In my stash of beads, I found these letter beads.  I strung the beads on floss and tied a bow at each end.  The cupcake is an old Inkadinkado stamp that I stamped and colored with Copics, then added a touch of glamour dust to the icing.  I cut out the cupcake and pop dotted it on the card.  The "happy" is from a Sweet n Sassy sentiment set.  I rounded the corners with the corner chomper.  Super quick and easy card!


This third card is a total CASE of this card from Susan at Simplicity.  I love how she stamps in colors, and I want to be able to do that with ease.  I struggle when I'm trying to stamp with different colors...but I keep trying.  The difference in my card and Susan's card is that I added a 1/8 in strip of score tape across the center diagonal and then covered the tape with micro beads....can you see them? The sentiment is from Sweet n Sassy. 


I almost didn't post this card, but I figured since I made it for the challenge I should probably go ahead and post it.  I cut the hello with the Cameo, added a couple of scored lines above and below it, then stamped the "hello" sentiment again below it.  Then I added the 5 beads.  I backed the white with a piece of dark blue and pop dotted the white panel over the blue.  This looked much better in my head than it did when I transferred it to paper.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Your comments and your visits are always appreciated!! Until next time...

Hugs!
Photobucket


Pin It!

34 comments:

Tara Cardwell said...

The big yellow flower is simply stunning Susan!

Jan said...

Great cards Susan love the flower on the 1st one xx Jan

Sandra H said...

Simply adorable Susan are your works of art x

Linby said...

Great cards. My fav is the first one, just love that flower and you placed it perfectly.
Linbyx

Sally H said...

Wow, Susan! What amazing cards! I love them all, but I think the first is my favourite too. That big yellow sunny flower makes me smile - even if it is freezing here!

Sue - said...

Great selection of cards.Love the big yellow flower.

Sue said...

All beautiful cards, Susan. The flower on the first is lovely and I like how you used the alphabet beads on the second one.

Ardyth said...

Oh! I have those beads too - I was thinking they'd be cute for a baby card - I love what you've done with them - much more cas than mine!

Bonnie said...

All of these are fantastic, Susan, but that big yellow flower with the black beads in the center is so GORGEOUS!

Bea said...

What a fabulous selection Susan you have certainly used beads in a creative way.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

LOVE that big beautiful yellow flower!

Jen Nelson said...

amazing set of cards susan... love the blue hello

Thanks for joining us this week
Jen xx
"Less Is More"

Gerrina said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog! What a great serie you made! Love the flower the best aswell, but think they all are beautiful! Greetings, Gerrina

Cathy said...

Fantastic cards Susan, so much bead inspiration, (was going to say they are beadiful!!) Cathy x

Rosemary said...

so this is where you hid all the other cards!! as usual they are all fabulous!!

debby4000 said...

Oh what a gorgeous selection of cards.
luv
Debby

Beanie said...

Love the flower card. I was told about the online patterned Paper class and am considering signing up to it, as have lots of stash that I need to be 'inspired' with.

Unknown said...

What an array of gorgeous cards you've made Susan. Like you the first is my all time favourite. Love the texture stamping onto patterned paper/card makes. The others are all lovely as well.

Karen x

Anita said...

You were very productive Susan, with all your bead cards :) They all look beautiful to me but the first one caught my eye, fabulous!
Thanks for visiting my blog and your nice comment :)
Anita

Jenni's Jems said...

Thank you so much for your comment on my blog sooo chuffed that you think its worth pinning!..especially after I looked at your cards!!!torn between the first and the hello one as my fav but then again really like the beaded birthday one too he he....as you can hear too much choice of fabulous cards ! x

Suzilou said...

Oh Wow you have been busy such a gorgeous array of cards, I do love the flower on your first card and love what you did with the cameo :)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW what a lot of cards, I love them all, clever girl :)

Darnell said...

These cards are all extraordinary, Susan, but I have to agree with you about that first one! I've just coined (I think) a new phrase: it's a 'pinner winner!' In fact, I'm having a hard time tearing my eyes away. Wow impact!!

Loll said...

Hi Susan. Lovely mix of cards ... all so unique and creative. Especially love the large flower in the first card. Great idea to stamp it onto DP and love the popped up center with beads. Loll xx

Brandi said...

Cute cards! Their all fabulous!

Chrissie said...

These are all so clever and very pretty Susan!
Thanks as ever.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Four fabulous cards Susan - all very different, all superb. My favourite has to be the first one - the patterned flower is awesome!
Thanks so much for popping by tonight - those pesky beads are not easy to control are they - as well as using Glossy Accents glue, I used brute force too!
Hugs, Sylvia x

Kelly Griglione said...

Love all the cards using different types of beads! My favorite is the first one too. Love your patterned paper bloom, and the cluster of beads in the center gives it an added layer of dimension.

Anne said...

ooh lovely bunch of cards, I love that elegant and understated "hello" but the gorgeous big flower is my fave
Anne
x

Viv said...

Fab showcase of cards - but the first one is my fave!

Jenny said...

Wow that large yellow flower is stunning, great use of beads on all your cards...fab selection :0)

Viv said...

Lovely cards Susan, the first is my fav I think :) Viv xx

Anita in France said...

I love coming for a visit ... there's always so much inspiring and stunning work to delight the eyes! These are all just lovely, don't think I could pick a favorite! Anita :)

Darnell said...

Popping back to congratulate you, Susan, for the showcase from LIM for your yellow blossom card! I'm so happy that Chrissie and Jen agreed with our taste about that one!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails