Tuesday, February 10, 2015

LIM is FOUR!

It's hard to believe that the Less is More challenge is 4 years old!  I remember when Chrissie and Mandi first started this challenge!  I played faithfully for the first couple of years, but then my life was turned upside down so I haven't played in a long time!  The challenge this week is to use the colors pink and grey.  Pink I LOVE...but grey is always difficult for me.  Here's to everyone at LIM ... wishing you all much happiness and many more years of CAS fun!

Here's a couple of cards I made just for this challenge:


This first card is my favorite.  I used the Simon Says stitched rectangle for the background.  I made a stencil with my Cameo for the design on the background, and then cut a circle mask to place on the card before adding the inking on the stencil. The flower is the Gerber daisy from Uniko Studios.  I stamped the image in dark grey, cut it out and colored it with Copics.  The tag was cut from the same card stock as the card base, and the sentiment was heat embossed with pink embossing powder.  The sentiment is from HA.


I didn't like this card quite as much as I did the first card.  For this card, I stamped a piece of the grey card stock (from the piece left over from the first card) with dark grey ink using an Impression Obsession background stamp.  The sentiment is from PTI, and the butterfly is from Memory Box. I traced the outer edge of the butterfly die onto some vellum and then cut it out to place behind the butterfly that was cut from pink glittery paper.   The sentiment is heat embossed with white embossing powder.  I added a butterfly "trail" with a white Uniball Signo pen.  The pink layer is popped up with foam tape over the card base and the grey strip.

That's all for me today!  Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by for a visit!  Hope you'll come back soon!  Your comments are greatly appreciated! Until next time...

Photobucket


Pin It!

12 comments:

Chrissie said...

It warms my heart to see you joining in with us again Susan. I couldn't be more delighted to see your super work here again.
These are beautiful cards, the colouring on the first one is superb!
Thanks so much for joining our birthday challenge!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Suze Bain said...

Beautiful and delicate cards Susan, I love the flower stamp. Xx

Sandra H said...

So pretty x

Sazzle Dazzle said...

So thrilled you've come back to join us on our special birthday challenge week Susan
Loving your Uniko gerbera ... one of my favourite stamps EVER and love how you've used it with our colours. Both cards are complete stunners
Sarah
Less is More

Canonbury creations said...

Two beautiful cards Susan, love that flower! So nice to see you back:)
Val x

Bonnie said...

Gray is a hard color for me to use too! I love how you've used it. Just enough gray and lots of beautiful, soft pinks!

Julie B said...

These are such pretty cards, the vellum backed butterfly is so pretty and the daisy stamp gorgeous. :)

Sue said...

Two gorgeous cards, Susan! That sparkly butterfly is so delicate and pretty.

Anne said...

Lovely to 'see' you Susan and that first card is jaw-dropping perfection, a real stunner for me. Nothing wrong with second one, lol, but that stencil, gerbera is just fab
Thanks for joining our fourth birthday celebrations at LIM!
Anne
Less is More

Darnell said...

Oh, goodness, I missed this post, Susan, and just saw it over at LIM! These are sensational! Congratulations on the random win from LIM!! Hugs, Darnell

Creative Heart Designs said...

Oh my goodness...your floral card is FANTASTIC! Love it and the way you put the patterned circle behind the flower. It balances the card so well.

My Card Site: Creative Heart Designs

Beverley said...

WOW! Love this and congratulations on your win over at LIM. Hugs Bev x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails