Monday, February 16, 2015

Just One more - LIM 211 - and a Little knitting

I know I said that was all for me today...but I just had another idea spark in my brain, so I thought I'd share this card too.  This is for the Less is More challenge also.  I was going to enter this one into the CASology challenge too...but I'm too late!


The hearts used on this card are some NBUS (this discription is from Darnell and means never before used schtuff).  I've probably had these heart stamps for over a year and never inked them up!  I used my new MISTI (Most Incredible Stamping Tool Invented) to arrange the stamps on a circle I'd sketched on scrap paper, then just inked up the hearts and presto!....perfectly placed images!!  It's a little bit pricey...but what an incredible tool!  Using this tool, you can stamp repeatedly in the same place on the card until you get the image just right!  I am in LOVE with this new addition to my craft room!

I've also been keeping busy with other things during the evening hours.  I've been doing a LOT of knitting and crocheting.  I just finished this afghan the other evening.  It measures about 48 x 68 inches and is knitted with doubled thread throughout.  I used size 17 circular needles, so I was able to get this one finished in about 3 weeks...and that's just knitting in the evenings!  I love this pattern and I'm already working on another afghan! Who knows....maybe this will be Christmas gifts for each of my children if I can get enough of them knitted up by Christmas!



Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by for a visit!  Hope you'll come back soon!  Your comments are greatly appreciated! Until next time...
Photobucket


Pin It!

16 comments:

Kathyk said...

FAB card and a wondrous work of art on the knitting front too

Happy New Misti too

Kathyk

Hannelie said...

I LOVE the different patterned hearts Susan! Your blanket looks great! I am busy crocheting one, but I think it will take 10 years to complete!

Sid said...

Great card !!

Suze Bain said...

LOVE the design of your card and what great stamping. I am also in awe of your knitting skills, at a push I can do plain and purl! Xx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

I NEED a Misti tool - this card is FAB Susan and so perfect.
Great one layer card and thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Sue said...

This is so pretty, Susan! A lovely one layer card, love the stamps. I too have some heart stamps that I haven't used yet. Great to see you about in blogland again xx

Bonnie said...

Love this arrangement of hearts! The afghan is so pretty! I tried knitting with a double strand and had a hard time keeping the tension the same on both. I can appreciate the work that went into this and the recipient will enjoy wrapping up in it.

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Absolutely gorgeous card and a very pretty Afghan!

Warm hugs
Maarit

Sandra H said...

Wow Susan Two stunning items here as always your so creative x

Chrissie said...

What terrific placement Susan! This is fabulous!
Thanks again!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Anne said...

Another gorgeous card Susan, loving your afghan and off to find about more about the MISTI!
Thanks for joining our love challenge
Anne
Less is More

Darnell said...

I really LOVE your patterned heart wreath, Susan! Such a simple design, but because of the patterns, there is a ton of interest! And your knitting is fabulous! That color is divine!! (Good job using that NBUS and thanks for the shout out!!) Hugs, Darnell

Canonbury creations said...

Love your heart wreath Susan and I've just googled a Misti to see what it was! Looks to be a great asset for stamping. Love your afghan, pretty design and colour:)
Val x

Sally H said...

Stunning design, Susan! Love your afghan too - my favourite colour!

Creative Heart Designs said...

Love your heart circle card. I am definitely going to purchase a MISTI!!!! Beautiful afghan too!

My Card Site: Creative Heart Designs

Heather said...

Hi Susan, thanks for your lovely comment!! Your card is gorgeous - a brilliant design and I love the heart with the combination of papers and great sentiment!!!
Must go searching out MISTI!!

hugs
Heather xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails