Saturday, July 25, 2015

LIM 234 and ATSAM

I've got several cards and a couple of layouts to share with you today.  I believe all 4 of these cards will fit the current challenge over at Less is More  and Addicted to Stamps and More.  The challenge at LIM is in honor of Chrissie's birthday!  Happy Birthday, Chrissie!!

I've had a busy couple of days, but I did manage to make these 4 cards.

  
For this first card, I inked the card base with just a very light touch of blue distress ink for the background.  The honeycomb piece is from my scraps (it was left over from another card).  The butterfly was cut from a snippet of white paper, then colored with some Copics.  I added some clear Wink of Stella to the butterfly for a little sparkle.  The sentiment is from PTI and is heat embossed in blue.

Any time I use the hexagon cover plate from PTI, I always save the "centers" of the honeycomb to used on something else.  This time, I took some of the pieces and colored them with Copics, then using another "honeycomb" piece from my scraps, I placed the colored hexagons back into the honeycomb to find an arrangement that I liked.  I added dimensional tape to the back of each of the hexagons, and placed them back in the "frames".  After adhering all of the hexagons, I removed the honeycomb frame piece.  The sentiment is from PTI.  I also added a touch of clear Wink of Stella to each of the hexagons.


I used the Penny Black Bashful Flower die for this card.  Each of the different colors in the flower were cut from snippets from my scrap bin.  I embossed the white panel with a PTI embossing plate, then inserted the different pieces of the flower back into the white panel.  To get it to stay in the white panel, I added some wide score tape to the backside of the panel.  The panel is popped up with a piece of fun foam that is slightly smaller than the card panel.  Then sentiment is from Technique Tuesday and is stamped in Versafine Black.  I also added a little Copic coloring to the yellow bloom to give it a little dimension, and then I dotted the flower center using a white signo pen.


For this last card (which is probably my favorite), I was inspired by this card.  The front panel on this card is popped up with fun foam.  I cut the circle from the front panel with a SSS stitched circle die. The bloom is a die from Penny Black (Field of Dreams).  I cut the flowers from a snippet of white from my scrap bin (and WHY do I have some many little "pieces" of white!) I colored the flowers with Copics and adhered them to the card front panel.  For the top bloom, I put a piece of the leftover fun foam behind it so that it would be level with the top panel.  The sentiment is from PTI and was heat embossed in liquid platinum.  I also sponged a bit of red and green distress inks on the card base directly behind where the top bloom would sit.


I wanted to share another layout with you too.  This is a photo of my mother (when she was a baby) sitting on her mothers lap.  I used a lot of old papers for this layout as well as lots of old flowers.  I cut some flowers and leaves from gold vellum to add to the brown blooms.  The two lacy pieces are actually old, old stickers from my stash.  I do believe I could scrapbook/make cards for years without purchasing anything but adhesive!  The metal circles and the bling were also from my stash.  The doily was cut with a Prima die and then cut in half and added to the layout.  I scattered a bit of bling around and added a touch of faux stitching with a black pen.  The title work was created in the Silhouette program and cut out with the Cameo.  I used a clear transparency behind the photo which is also one of those things that has been in my stash forever!

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by for a visit!  Hope you'll come back soon!  Your comments are greatly appreciated! Until next time...
Photobucket


Pin It!

18 comments:

Cathy said...

What a gorgeous assortment of cards Susan. Great use of snippety leftovers. Love your vintage layout too, Cathy x

cheryl said...

oh wow,these are simply stunning each so different,and the detail is just amazing hugs Cherylxx

Neets B said...

Susan, these are all fantastic. I love how you've used up your scraps on all of these. I think my favourite is the single flower on the gently embossed panel. The dimension you've added to the petals is beautiful.
Thanks for sharing with us
Anita x
Less is More

Neets B said...

Oops, thank you for linking up at ATSM this week too x

Di said...

Oh wow Susan! What a gorgeous selection of snippets cards! I do think the poppy card is a smidgen in the lead, but only just. And it's so true, we all seem to have loads more white snippets then any other ones :)

Beautiful layout too.

Hugs

Di xx (Less is More GD)

Bonnie said...

Lots of beauty here, Susan! I especially love the poppy! Great CASE!

Unknown said...

Such a stunning card! All 5 are beautiful but for me the one with poppy just stands out! Gorgeous coloured flowers and a great design! Thank you so much for joining us at ATSM this week!
Kamila DT

Jan said...

Fabulous cards and layout Susan xx Jan

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Simply fabulous creations Susan. Love them all and certainly worthy of a snippet / less is more entry. Your last card with the photograph is just divine - I love all those black and white photos and they hold such precious memories as your sentiment suggests. Great cards and thanks as always for playing along at Less is More.
Sarah x

Darnell said...

Your layouts always move me, Susan,and well done using schtuff from your stash! You are truly building a lasting legacy with your scrapbooks for your family. And all of your cards are gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

PS. Were you yelling at me with that bolded sentence, because okay, I confess, I honestly could craft for longer than my lifetime by about 50 years purchasing nothing more than glue. And even that I prolly won't need to buy for eleventeen years! If we lived near each other, we could slap each other every time we even THINK about buying anything!!

Lynne said...

Wowzers Susan, what a fabulous selection of snippet cards you`ve created. Love them all ofcourse but especially the hexagon one. Your LO is gorgeous too.
Lynne xxx

Sarn said...

Oh my goodness me . . . what a lovely selection of cards. Just wonderful xxx

Olesya Andreyeva said...

Wow, your cards are gorgeous!!! Thank you for joining us at ATSM.
Olesya DT

Anonymous said...

Nice!

Anne said...

Wow Susan! I liked the first honeycomb card, then when I saw how you'd coloured the 'waste' hexagons I LOVED that one. Fab bunch of cards!
Thank you for playing along with Snippets for Chrissie
Anne
"Less is More"

Cazzy said...

These are lovely, I think you should enter one of them - it would be perfect to enter our current challenge at Quirky Crafts. Cazzy x - on behalf of   the Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog DT.

Deepti said...

These are so delightful, I love the treatment of hexagons on your first two cards :)

gail said...

Love all of these cards, especially the first butterfly one. I always have a box full of white snippets. Xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails