Tuesday, May 10, 2016

LIM #275 and Addicted to CAS

The challenge at Less is More this week is a color challenge to create a card using pastels and the challenge at Addicted to CAS is to use plaid on your card.  I've managed to get the cards made, took photographs, AND now I'm getting them posted before the challenge is over! YAY me!! 


So....here we go....


Very simple...almost one layer card.  I cut the slope with dies from SSS.  The sentiment is from Hero Arts, and the dragonflies are from PennyBlack.  I lightly inked a background for the dragonflies with some tumbled glass, stamped the dragonflies with memento ink and colored lightly with Copics. There's also a little shimmer on the dragonflies, but the camera didn't pick that up.  After I cut the slope at the bottom of the front of the card base, I added a piece of light pink card stock.


This card was also quick and easy.  I inked the area where I wanted to use the Tim Holtz distressed circles die.  After die cutting the card panel I added just a little more ink (tumbled glass). The butter is a two piece butterfly from Clearly Besotted.  I die cut the solid piece from a light pink card stock, and then cut the top from vellum and colored it on the back side with Copics.  The butterfly trail is tiny little bling.  The sentiment looks washed out, but it's really not.  I stamped it in a SSS fog ink.  Popped the completed panel on a white card base and rounded the bottom corners.


I decided to make a little plaid for my card for Addicted to CAS.  I masked off the top area of the card panel and stamped the plaid using pink, yellow, and blue inks from Hero Arts.  I added a small strip of pink card stock for a more finished look.  The sentiment is from PTI.  Added a couple of Darice clear sequins...and popped the card panel on a white card base.

Thank you for stopping by.  I appreciate all of your comments!  

Photobucket


Pin It!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

these are stunning beautiful cards

Susan said...

All of your cards are just perfect for the challenges. nice work! Thanks for sharing at Less is More and ATCAS!

anja curvers said...

Awesome cards all of them. Love your plaid stamping. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

Esther said...

Three lovely cards - the delicate colours and beautiful layouts are really eye catching! I haven't seen the TH Distressed Circles die before and now it's on the wishlist. Fab!

G Peplow said...

WOW!! You made three fab cards :D Lovely to 'see' you back in blogland Susan :D x

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A stunning trio of loveliness here Susan and I'm swooning at your elegant and perfect use of plaids and pastels. Thanks for playing along at Less is More and ATCAS this week. Sarah

Chrissie said...

WOw Susan, three visions of loveliness yet again, I love that delicate pink butterfly, so pretty!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Set of gorgeous cards! Thank you so much for joining us at ATCAS with your plaid card!

Sid said...

Three wonderful card designs !

Bhavana said...

gorgeous cards. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS!!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

What fabulous cards Susan! Brilliant use of some dreamy pastel colours......and I'm so glad you managed to post them in time this week. ;-)
Thanks so much for joining us at Less is More.
Sharon xx

Anne said...

Sorry to be so late with my commenting, wow Susan what a stunning bunch! Love that oh so soft blue background for the dragonflies, also your circle die cut, well I love them all!
Thanks so much for joining us
Anne
"Less is More"

Deepti said...

Gorgeous creations :) love thos soft pastel colors. Thank you for sharing with ATCAS:)

Bonnie said...

I just went to check LIM and saw that your beautiful card was showcased! It is a real beauty! Love the others too. Hope all is well with you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails